Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner 2010

The full view of our impressive Thanksgiving dinner. It would be far too daunting of a task to provide each and every recipe for the dishes that comprised the meal. In other posts I've provided the directions and comments on the ones that I personally prepared - the rest will have to simply be admired. And just a forewarning - the pictures are not good. To best depict each menu item, I should have individually plated them and taken isolated, artistic pictures. But really...it was Thanksgiving...who really want's to wait to eat just to take some pictures! So bare with me and just imagine that they have potential beauty...and most importantly...were all wonderful.

Welcome to my Thanksgiving Dinner Table (with my Mom as a host)





Our Thanksgiving 2010 Menu:

Appetizer:
1. Sweet Potato Soup with Cranberry Oil (reviewed in another post)





Main Course:

2. Neiman Ranch Heritage Turkey - $70 for a 10 lb turkey...thankfully the best turkey I've had. Roasted with Lemon and Herbs - simple presentation to accentuate the impressive flavor in the meat.





3. Gravy
Something with the turkey juices, a roux, chipotle, chicken broth...my Dad made it



4. Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Granny Smith Apples






5. Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
I wanted to do something very simple to go with the other exciting flavors on the plate



6. Ciabatta Stuffing with Roasted Chestnuts, Pears, Hot Sausage and Dried Cranberries
also reviewed elsewhere - incredible


7. Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
a Derek specialty



8. Michel Schlumberger 1997 Chardonnay
Glad this could get put to good use and make some space in our wine refrigerator



9. Pumpkin Gingerbread Streusel Pie
I will make this again...no question




A Dark Meat Plate (Derek's):




A Light Meat Plate (Mine):





Where did all of that food go????

No comments:

Post a Comment