Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year - New Culinary Adventures

Happy New Year!! 


I can't say I know where the past few years have gone. I realized that I had given up on continuing to document my culinary adventures but looking back at the entries in the blog - I can't believe it has been three whole years! This blog was originally created as an internal resource for tracking recipes and was meant to be a collaboration between my boyfriend and I. Quickly I realized that collaboration was a bit too much to ask and I was tasked with documenting nearly all of our meals - sometimes not fully knowing what Derek may have done to tweak a recipe if he was wearing the chef's hat for the night. When this became a chore rather than a fun activity, I gave up.

In the past three years, we have continued to explore new cuisines and truly grow in our culinary journey. Sadly, these creations are largely forgotten as the is no record of what we made or how we made it. Just as a photo album preserves life's memories, I find that a simple food blog helps to preserve "food memories." For any budding "foodie" - this preservation is actually meaningful!

So here we are, entering 2015 with a renewed focus and countless culinary adventures ahead. I'll go at this solo this time around seek to drive my own foodie journey. I won't be tracking every single meal - that's too exhausting. Instead, I have purchased a fabulous new cookbook which I intend on using as inspiration throughout the year.  The book is "Plenty More" by Yotam Ottolenghi.


Plenty More on Amazon
It's an all vegetarian cookbook which I find leads to some truly interesting perspectives on how to use simple ingredients and make them the star of the plate. My goal is to try every recipe - though I won't put a timeline on that endeavor. I'm not a vegetarian, so many recipes will be considered a "side." My boyfriend would be unenthusiastic about adhering to a veggie-focused diet. I have also eliminated gluten from my diet so some recipes will be modified accordingly. Otherwise, I'll do my best to follow Mr. Ottolenghi's instructions and see what new creations can be brought to life.

Cheers to a renewed goal and continued love of new flavors and techniques!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment